Thursday, August 11, 2005

summers coming to a close

Its been almost a month, where has time gone I swear? Let me do some updating about what has been going on.

July 23-31 Rick, Jen, Josh, Joel, Jake, Tyler, Alicia, Erica, Luc, Nharra, and myself all went camping in Bar Harbor for the annual camping trip. Thank God we had nice weather. For the past 2 years we always run into a complete day of rain, which blows, but this year we didnt! Rock on, very happy about that. We played mini golf, barbequed at all hours of the night... went to Cadillac mountain... thats one of my favorite pics from the trip.. me with my two fav boys, Rick and Joel. It was a good trip. We had fun. Its odd to see how fast Joel has grown up. I love him. Hes looking at colleges this summer, and I want him to stay closer to home so we can see him more often, selfish as that is, but if he wants to go to NYU or whatnot, then I fully support that as well.

What else has been going on... well the girl at Charlies that I work with in reception has been taking complete advantage of me, which pisses me off. I emailed the head of the office though and I think things are beginning to straighten out, which is good. I havent seen her since shit hit the fan, so it will be quite interesting seeing her on Saturday. Oh well. I wasnt doing anything wrong let me tell you!

I have been working both jobs still, and Im anxiously awaiting for the semester to begin so I can have some life other than working. I dont mind at all having homework and having to do case studies. Id almost rather do that than work at the nursing home 32 hours a week. Dont get me wrong, I have fallen in love with many of the residents and I enjoy it there, but I keep coming down with things because they have barely any circulation and its just a festering site for infection. Tuesday I went in not feeling well at all. When I left the apartment that morning I cried in the bedroom for about 10 minutes not wanting to go, but I did. I ended up talking to my teacher, and she told me to go to the ER or my doctor. I got into my doctors at 9 that morning, and she told me I had some viral infection that I most likely caught at the nursing home, and that I should not work for 72 hours to let it pass. I begged her to let me go back in today, so she wrote me a note to be out of work for 48 hours. Well.. let me tell you.. today when I woke up I felt horrible.. but I still went into work but when I was bending down alot and coming back up I became sooo dizzy and lightheaded.. and on break when I drank my gingerale to calm my stomach.. it didnt set too well, lets just say that.

Other than that not much else has been going on.. Oh yes!! Courtney and I finished our pop concert repetoire by going to see the BSB :) It was wonderful. Great show great great great!!!! :) We're dorks, but hey, its okay!

No comments: